* 14 metre waterslide and home cinema. For these, we don't even need to leave the resort van park.
* The super Organic Superstore ... at the end of our street. Convenient indeed.
* The Big Pineapple. Celebrating its grand re-opening after an extended closure THE DAY we visit. Uncanny.
* Montville. Queensland's equivalent of Harndorf in SA, with storybook-style main street. From the cuckoo clock shop to the toy emporium, an endless, and entirely unexpected, delight.
* Woodford. Great to see where the famous Folk Festival is held. But otherwise a big disappointment.
* Beerwah, Beerburrum and the Glass House Mountains. Awesome views. Not much else.
* Maroochydore markets. Lucky dips and mango trays a go go.
* Maleny. Sustainable, hippy vibe, raw food cafe in the main street and black sapotes on sale in the co-op. Easily our fave!
Oh, and the midgie bites..? Gone. At last!
|Our first rescue operation, called to the aid of three naive young travellers who managed to get themselves bogged. The Bihary landcruiser and its hardy driver are both up to the challenge.|