• The Bay where the caravan park packed the vans in like sardines, but nobody cared because the park was literally ON the beach … a beach that stretched endlessly in either direction and whose ankle deep water was a playground of wading, paddling and pippy hunting fun.
• The Bay where we saw our first Sea Lions and sampled our first sea salt.
• The Bay where Benji and Rikki caught their first fish…another fine dinner taken care of!
• The Bay where we discovered how much fun it is to hand feed pelicans.
• The Bay where the kids polished off 2 to 3 family-size tubs of yoghurt a day, but we didn’t care because after more than 2 weeks of gastro and with shorts slipping off them, we would do anything to fatten them up.
• And the Bay where, of course, one of us had to do the obligatory streak… Cue Benji, in the early morning, on his bike, riding bareback.
|Late afternoon stroll through the shallows in front of our caravan.|
|Peering down at the Sea Lion colony at Point Labatt.|
|Passing the salt at the Salt Lakes.|
|Pelican supper time.|